I remember a time long gone when most persons had just one email address with no other passwords from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Tumblr, Skype and the like to remember. These days the average person has to remember at least five (5) different passwords. Naturally with an increase in the number of password persons have to remember comes an increase in the number of them that are often forgotten.
Today I’d like to share a simple hack that allows you to regain access to YOUR computer should you forget the login password (however that managed to happen).
How to hack Microsoft Windows’ login password easily:
- Download Ophcrack live CD (based on the version of Microsoft Windows you’re using)
- Burn the downloaded ISO (image file) to a CD (you most likely will have to do that from another computer). A great tutorial can be found here.
- Boot the computer (for which you’ve forgotten your login password) from the CD
- Ophcrack will run and reveal the passwords for all the users’ accounts after a few minutes (it’s automatic)
- Once the password is revealed, restart the computer and enter the login password
I must admit that there are many other programs out there that are capable of doing the same thing including my personal favourite from Passcape, but this one is FREE and it WORKS.
I’d love to hear from you, so please let me know if this works for you in the comment section below.
UPDATE: Ophcrack can also be loaded on to a USB flashdrive and made bootable AND it works for Windows 10 as well.